Third Party Logistics Providers (3PLs) can seamlessly integrate FlavorCloud to become an end to end international shipping provider, for shipping and returns. By integrating with FlavorCloud service, 3PLs are able to offer the ability for their merchants to grow their global footprint with best carriers and rates, seamless handling of customs, landed costs and compliance, as well as end to end customer service from pickup to delivery.
Below are the steps for a typical 3rd party logistics provider integration with Flavorcloud –
Step 1: Setup as a 3PL app/user for a merchant
– Follow the instructions here to setup a FlavorCloud App and retrieve your App ID and API keys.
-Merchant must add a 3PL user by going to the Users tab and creating a new user. Make sure to provide your FlavorCloud email (the one you use to login) to the merchant.
-An email is then sent to the 3PL with a customer_key.
– As a 3PL, When making API calls on behalf of this merchant, make sure to pass in the customer_key in the request along with your app id and API key.
Step 2: Setup your Ecommerce store checkout to work with FlavorCloud
– If merchant platform is Shopify, then follow the instructions here to setup the Shopify integration.
– If the merchant platform is Big Commerce, then follow the instructions here to setup the Big Commerce integration.
– For all other shopping platforms, Follow the Direct API integration instructions here
Step 3: Fulfillment integration with FlavorCloud
– Register for a “shipment-completed” event by calling Subscribe to webhook endpoint. You will be notified when the shipment is created via a webhook.
– Call the Post shipment endpoint at the time of order fulfillment, from your WMS.
This will lead to creation of a shipment in FlavorCloud, it will also choose the appropriate carrier and rate based on what was chosen at checkout by end consumer, and will create a label, relevant customs and commercial invoices as well as the carrier tracking reference.
o Include the App ID, API Key, Customer_key, reference and reason_for_sale in the request.
o Shipment_id is returned in the response along with carrier, label and document links, as well as tracking reference.
NOTE: that changes/overrides to any of the following fields will invalidate the rate chosen at checkout and generate a new rate upon fulfillment of order –
Step 4: Retrieve tracking reference, docs and label
When you receive a notification of the shipment-completed event via the webhook, you will receive the carrier, tracking link, commercial invoices and label information as part of the webhook callback
Alternatively (not recommended), you can poll for tracking reference, documents and label by calling Get shipment endpoint
o Tracking_number is returned in the response and will be used later to retrieve detailed tracking information.
Step 5: Call Tracking endpoint for getting detailed tracking information on whereabouts of each shipment, door to door.
Scaled Package Weight –
When creating the shipment, you might have more accurate package weights and dimensions than at the time the rate was calculated. If the package weight changes, we automatically generate new rates, honoring the service level and terms of trade chosen at the time of rating, and fulfill the shipment.
Partials Fulfillments for Orders –
The order reference number is used to co-relate the order FlavorCloud received from your store with the order being sent by a 3 PL using the API. We use this to determine if an order is being partially fulfilled. For example, if the original order contained 3 items and the API call contains only 2 items a partial fulfillment is created.