(general) The vertical distance between the level of water in a channel, reservoir, canal or tank and the top of the sides of a levee, dam, tank or other structure that holds or confines the water.
(shipping) The vertical distance between the surface of water and a ship’s gunwale. The more heavily laden a vessel becomes, the less freeboard. See Plimsoll mark.

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?

Can't find the answer you're looking for?
Contact Support