Technical Advisory Committee(s)
(U.S.) Voluntary groups of industry and government representatives who provide guidance and expertise to the U.S. Department of Commerce on technical and export control matters, including evaluation of technical issues; worldwide availability, use and production of technology; and licensing procedures related to specific industries.
TACs have been set up for:
3) computer systems,
4) electronics (formerly “semiconductors”),
5) sensors (formerly “electronic instrumentation”),
6) materials processing equipment (formerly “automated manufacturing equipment”),
7) military critical technologies,
8) telecommunications equipment, and
9) transportation and related equipment. See United States Department of Commerce.