How do I ship an order DDU?
Unless you specifically set DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) or a particular country only accepts DDU shipping, FlavorCloud always defaults to DDP (Delivery Duty Paid). With DDU, your customer will receive additional customs duties (which can come as a surprise). We always recommend DDP for cost transparency and a better customer experience.
Should you wish to choose DDU as the default, it is possible, and you can set terms of service: DDP or DDU at checkout.
- In your FlavorCloud account, select Settings and then go to the Shipping section
- Make sure you’ve selected the shipping service levels you want to offer customers (e.g., standard or express)
- Next, select which terms (DDP or DDU) you wish to offer for duty tax collection to make this the default
- Where FlavorCloud Will Ship to from the US
- Which carrier is being used for my shipment?
- Where do I enter the destination address of a shipment?
- Where do I add the sender contact details and address that’s shown on the shipping labels?
- Where can I find the status of a shipment
- What letters and languages are permitted for shipping label addresses in FlavorCloud?