Where do I enter my HS codes in Shopify?
HS Codes (standardized international product codes) determine the customs and duties charged by local customs authorities. Typically, they’re added when you enter new products into your online store. FlavorCloud uses this HS code to calculate shipping rates and options for your orders.
Adding the HS code is mandatory in Shopify. You can look up the appropriate HS Code in Shopify using the product description (the more descriptive you are, the better). If you need any help, the FlavorCloud team can also help. To enter the HS Code:
- Go to the Products section via your Shopify store’s main menu.
- After product info such as weight and country of origin, you’ll see HS (Harmonized System) Code
The first six digits of the HS code must be entered for each product into your ecommerce platform before you launch with FlavorCloud.
At checkout, FlavorCloud will take the product and HS code information and identify the best carrier and the appropriate customs fees, duties and taxes.
- Shopify script tags for FlavorCloud customers
- Shopify checkout.js file for FlavorCloud customers
- How do I enable breakout of duties and taxes on the right-hand side at checkout in Shopify?
- How to setup your products for international shipping
- How do I enable international shipping for Optimizely?
- How do I enable international shipping in Big Commerce?